Guest Services Agent *Overnight and PM Shifts*
|Position:||Guest Service Agent *Overnight and PM shifts*|
|Department:||Front of the House and Accounting|
To oversee and coordinate all night time hotel operations to include front desk and audit functions, execute computer maintenance requirements, and ensure all financial transactions for the day are verified and balanced.
|Reports to:||Front of the House Manager and Director of Finance|
Purpose: Check-in/check-out hotel guests courteously and efficiently; process all payments according to established hotel requirements. Provide information and assistance to all guests and visitors, perform concierge tasks, upsell services as much as possible, and serve as an ambassador to Novotel Miami Brickell by welcoming everyone with a genuine smile and caring attitude. Works overnight and oversees all activities in the hotel, assisting loss prevention and engineering with any quest need or requests. Runs and audits the assigned reports to close the day and turns them to management.
- Timely and accurate preparation of the Daily Report (Daily Business Summary DBS).
- Expeditious and diplomatic resolution of guest problems.
- Fully knowledgeable in all emergency procedures.
- Accurate preparation of VIP, complimentary, house use rooms, and out of order lists.
- Ensure proper registration of guests and credit procedures are followed.
- Distribution of all nightly reports.
- Efficient processing of guaranteed no show billings.
- Obtain nightly city-wide occupancy and average rate figures.
- Maintain current back up reports.
- Handling Express Check-Outs ensuring their completion.
- Supervising of Night Auditors and 3rd shift Front Office, engineering and Loss Prevention staff members.
- Ensuring adherence to all systems and control procedures.
- Documenting errors made by cash handling hoteliers.
- Ensuring that third shift Night Audit, Engineering, Loss Prevention checklists and responsibilities are completed.
- Balancing of daily postings and revenue.
- Ensuring that the credit card charges are transmitting to the bank for proper payment.
- Responsible to handle all Worker’s Compensation reporting and procedures timely.
- Conducts hotel walks in every shift.
- Responsible to handle all emergency procedures such as evacuations, fire, guest injuries, theft, car accidents, etc. Must write reports and present them to the Director of Operations and General Manager
Accounting Essential Elements:
- Prepare daily income in excel and exported in Sun (Accounting System).
- Maintain orderly daily audit packs for Hotel.
- Receive, investigate, and respond to internal inquiries regarding daily reports.
- Transmit daily Flash report to corporate office in a timely manner by 7 AM.
- Prepare and distribute daily routing pack of promotional checks and rebates.
- Audit banquet checks for accuracy.
- Balance front desk and F&B paperwork.
- Credentials for Sun for preparation of Income Journal
Tools and Equipment:
- Use of Opera (PMS) housekeeping programs
- Use of telephone system
- Use of department paging/radio communication system
- Use of copy machine and other various cleaning equipment’s (vacuum cleaners, etc.)
- Fire panel
- PBX equipment
- Assorted F&B equipment
- Sitting, walking, standing, bending, writing, typing, filing
- Occasional lifting up to 25 lbs. Pushing of supply carts
- Interior of hotel, in normal office conditions.
- Excellent phone & verbal communication skills.
- Previous front desk hotel experience preferred at the front desk, night auditor, and cashier.
- Flexible schedule. Works overnight.
- May be required to perform housekeeping, engineering and security duties as needed.
- Fluency in a foreign language preferably (Spanish)
- Ability to suggestively up sell.
- Certification in CPR is an advantage
- Previous guest relations training.