Posted On: December 02, 2019
Last Day to Apply: December 31, 2019
|Purpose:||To ensure effective operation of the line while cooking and presenting all menu items for all outlets. Works with the all line cooks and prep cooks daily, insuring consistency of recipes, preparation, presentation of all dishes.|
|Reports to:||Executive Chef|
Position: Cook 1
Purpose: To ensure effective operation of the line while cooking and presenting all menu items for all outlets. Works with the all line cooks and prep cooks daily, insuring consistency of recipes, preparation, presentation of all dishes.
Reports to: Chef and Beverage Director, and Kitchen Supervisor
- Prepares daily production for breakfast, lunch, dinner for all outlets. Trains Heartists on menu items and consistently during peak business, insure pre-meal meeting held daily, cleanliness and daily specials and consistent plate presentation at all times.
- Check with Chef and Beverage Director weekly and daily on necessary soups, stocks, bases needed to fully operate production.
- Ensure all menu items are prepared to standard. Insure production is ready and quality is met. Insure product is delivered on a timely basis.
- Ensure specified food on time and to right area.
- Coordinate with AM/P.M. Lead Cooks.
- Training of staff, leading by example and inspiring Accor and Novotel Culture and Philosophies.
- Responsible for product availability for all restaurants and banquet items.
- Monitors proper sanitation and hygiene of all kitchen facilities and equipment and people.
- Ensures that all kitchen equipment is in good working order.
- Monitors proper maintenance of all walk-in coolers (rotation of food products and cleanliness).
- Monitors and has hands on control over daily food production.
- Monitors safety of staff.
- Maintains good working relationships with all Dining Manager, Banquet F&B Manager, Supervisors and F&B staff.
- Understands and checks daily BEOs for functions.
- Attends Leadership Meeting when requested.
- Communicates daily meetings with servers and kitchen staff to discuss additions to menu and to resolve any operation concerns.
- Knows expectations and ensures that staff understands them and that they execute said expectations within the proper guidelines.
- Checks and controls sign-in and sign-out procedures for kitchen staff.
- Ensures staff takes appropriate breaks, paying attention to OT to maximize productions and efficiencies.
- Ensures staff is uniformed and live up to Novotel culture.
- Conducts inventories to maintain proper par levels of all culinary items, when requested.
- Practices FIFO with all products
- Any other functions assigned by management.
Hotel Specific Essential Functions:
- May prepare specials for the day.
- May train other heartists.
- May work in the cafeteria as needed.
Tools and Equipment:
- Cooking utensils and equipment, pots, pans, dishware, silverware, glassware, food slicing machine, knives
- Oven, grill/stove burners, microwave appliances, coolers, refrigerators, etc.
- Interior of hotel, in restaurant and kitchen areas, with exposure to humidity, steam and extreme temperatures.
- Exposure to Food and Beverage hazardous cleaning chemicals.
- Exposure to food items and beverages.
- Ability to work as a cook, steward or any other position to assist as needed.
- Ability to lead by example. Prepare and conduct disciplinary situations with employees.
- Ability to communicate clearly with all departments, being proactive to resolve issues.
- Ability to solve guest problems, recover the guest and create an amazing experience.
- Ability to open and close all kitchens and shifts.
- Ability to work under pressure to turn a room into a different function in a short time.
- Ability to carry heavy trays
- Ability to handle guest requests and satisfy their needs.
- Occasional lifting up to 40 lbs. Pushing of supply carts.