Last Day to Apply: December 07, 2019
Department: Food & Beverage
Purpose: To provide efficient friendly customer service at all times and to maintain a clean, professional top quality restaurant.
Reports to: Chef & Beverage Director, Dining Manager and F&B Supervisors
- Perform all restaurant side work as designated by the supervisor.
- Efficiently and properly perform all service standards.
- Attend to all needs of the guests during meal periods, breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Report to Supervisor any need for housekeeping and/or repairs of any equipment or restaurant.
- Must be familiar with and adhere to all liquor liability laws.
- Must attend all designated pre-meal meetings.
- Responsible for setting up restaurant area.
- Adhere to predefined drink service guidelines and responsible for beverage familiarization.
- Perform any other duties assigned by management.
- Maintain a neat and professional appearance following the grooming standards
- Maintain an awareness of liquor costs and minimize waste, which may raise them.
- Must be familiar with all policies related to liquor liability laws.
- Ability to open and close the restaurant shift assigned.
- Must serve all guests in consistent manner, using Novotel Miami Brickell Service Standards.
- Must be able to bus tables, and re-set the tables as needed.
- Must be able to use Micros to open and close checks.
- Must know the menu and be able to describe the items to guests.
- Must be able to resolve guests’ issues and create an amazing experience.
- Must be able to communicate and maintain a positive relationship with culinary and stewarding staff.
- Maintain an awareness of all functions, events and meetings taking place at any given time.
- Control heavy volume at the restaurant.
- Knowledge of hotel property.
- Inform the guest about buffets, hotel activities and community.
- Attend to and anticipate guest’s needs.
- Greeting guests. Anticipate guest’s needs to create an amazing experience.
- Assist with IRD when required
- Place orders in the Silverware POS System and close checks accordingly.
Hotel Specific Essential Functions:
- Ability to work in the bar area, lobby lounge, pool area and banquets as needed.
- Ability to makes special coffees or drinks for guests.
- Ability to handle cash, vouchers, coupons, credit cards.
Tools and Equipment:
- Coffee maker/urn, toaster, microwave, beverage machines, bus trays, dishware, silverware, glassware, queen-mary cart, telephone, pen/pencil
- Interior and exterior of hotel, in the restaurant, lounge and kitchen areas, with exposure to extreme temperatures.
- Exposure to Food and Beverage hazardous cleaning chemicals.
- Bus and set-up tables in the restaurant to improve services
- Maintain a clean and attractive surroundings.
- Follows Novotel Miami Brickell grooming standards and uses proper vocabulary.
- Occasional lifting up to 25 lbs. Pushing of supply carts., carrying trays.