|Purpose:||To assist servers in any way possible to ensure proper, prompt and courteous service to all guests.|
|Reports to:||Food & Beverage Manager/Supervisors|
- Station set-up
- Stock needed supplies in side stands.
- Clean-up of coffee machines and prepared coffee.
- Set-up tea station.
- Get ice supply.
- Dust all tables to include table legs.
- Receive rolls and put in warmers.
- Put milk in refrigerators and set-up creamers.
- Pre-set breadbaskets lined with napkins.
- Pick-up linen.
- Check off and pick-up storeroom supplies.
- Set tables with clean, pressed linen, china, silver and glassware.
- Ensure furniture and floors are clean and arranged according to specifications.
- Assist servers during meal period.
- Remove any extra settings.
- Pour water.
- Serve rolls and butter as specified.
- Attend to all needs of the guests during meal periods, breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Report to Supervisor any need for housekeeping and/or repairs of any equipment or restaurant.
- Must be familiar with and adhere to all liquor liability laws.
- Must attend all designated pre-meal meetings.
- Responsible for setting up restaurant area.
- Adhere to predefined drink service guidelines and responsible for beverage familiarization.
- Perform any other duties assigned by management.
- Maintain a neat and professional appearance.
- Maintain an awareness of liquor costs and minimize waste, which may raise them.
- Must be familiar with all policies related to liquor liability laws.
- Ability to open and close the restaurant shift assigned.
- Must serve all guests in consistent manner, using Service Standards.
- Must be able to bus tables, and re-set the tables as needed.
- Must know the menu and be able to describe the items to guests.
- Must be able to resolve guests’ issues and create an amazing experience.
- Must be able to communicate and maintain a positive relationship with culinary and stewarding staff.
- Maintain an awareness of all functions, events and meetings taking place at any given time.
- Control heavy volume at the restaurant.
- Knowledge of hotel property.
- Inform the guest about buffets, hotel activities and community.
- Attend to and anticipate guest’s needs.
- Greeting guests. Anticipate guest’s needs to create an amazing experience.
Hotel Specific Essential Functions:
- Assist with IRD when required
- Assist with pool service when required
- Assist with lounge and mini bar services when required
Tools and Equipment:
- Computer and printer, telephone, pen/pencil, kitchen utensils, cleaning supplies, hot dishes, plates, silverware, heavy trays, etc.
- Coffee maker/urn, toaster, microwave, beverage machines, bus trays, dishware, silverware, glassware, queen-mary cart, telephone, pen/pencil
- Interior and exterior of hotel, in the restaurant, lounge and kitchen areas, with exposure to extreme temperatures.
- Exposure to Food and Beverage hazardous cleaning chemicals.
- Bus and set-up tables in the restaurant to improve services.
- Maintain a clean and attractive surroundings.
- Follows grooming standards and uses proper vocabulary.
- Occasional lifting up to 25 lbs. Pushing of supply carts., carrying trays.