Loss Prevention Officer
|Position:||Loss Prevention Officer|
|Purpose:||To ensure that the hotel guests, employees, and hotel property are maintained in a safe and secure environment. Respond to people’s needs, accidents, incidents in a fast and efficient manner to degrease losses and increase safety and wellness. Accurately reporting all incidents and actions taken in the shift.|
|Reports to:||Director of Engineering and Loss Prevention|
- Performs Security rounds of the hotel as follows:
- All lobby areas and the hoteliers entrance and garage.
- Penthouse, banquet rooms, pool deck.
- All guest floors.
- Executive offices.
- Service levels. (heart of the house areas)
- Outside areas (sidewalks, front and back of the hotel)
- Loading dock.
- Patrols all locations requiring special attention as frequently as possible.
- Writes workers’ compensation incident reports and take appropriate actions dealing with medical situations and emergencies.
- Responsible to handle, log and store lost and found items. Responds to guest requests about lost and found.
- Responds immediately to emergency incidents and security requests as assigned.
- Ensures maximum guest, hoteliers, and hotel safety and security at all times.
- Is courteous, tactful, and helpful, but firm in enforcing hotel policies and procedures.
- Reports in writing on all activities during each shift before leaving the hotel, with oral reports and emergency notifications delivered as directed by the established security procedures.
- Performs duties as assigned by the Director of Engineering and Loss Prevention and LP supervisors, and responds to the directions from any Executive Committee member or Department’s Managers.
- Creates and maintains the highest standards of safety and security at all times, being professional in attitude, appearance, and application of duties.
- Checks Hoteliers leaving and entering the hotel at the beginning and end of the shifts, or at any time when a hotelier leaves the hotel. Collects all package passes and inspects parcels taken from the hotel.
- Monitors the security of the deliveries.
- Confiscates all unauthorized parcels and notifies the Director of Engineering & LP and the appropriate department head of the situations, logs it.
- Checks all I.D's of the hotel visitors, vendors, applicants and escort them to the appropriate location. Notifies the department head involved for permission for non-staff personnel to enter the premises.
- Monitor hoteliers entrance, checking I.D. cards.
- Maintain visitor's log - issue passes.
- Enforce package pass policy.
- Enforce hoteliers entrance and parking policy.
- Distribute hoteliers' documents or messages as necessary.
- Submit end of shift report.
- Maintain shift log.
- Maintain lost and found log.
- Maintain laundry log.
- Work special events securing the areas as required by DOE.
- Does not leave assigned station unless properly relieved as specified by the Director of Engineering & LP. Performs all necessary clerical requirements of the Loss Prevention Department under the supervision of the Loss Prevention Supervisor. This includes filing, processing work orders, ordering supplies, maintaining necessary schedules, and posting bulletin board information, cleaning and organizing the office areas.
- Protects hotel from admission of undesirables and others not conducting legitimate business within the premises.
Hotel Specific Essential Functions:
- Conduct locker rooms inspections
- Detex patrol of all areas of the hotel. Monitor life and safety systems to include fire panels, cameras.
- Perform investigations as needed.
- Responds to police officials in the building, to include fire department.
- Any other assignments by management.
- Flexibility to work different shifts to include overnight as per business needs.
- Ability to read, write and speak in English. Spanish is a plus.
- Execute all emergency protocols.
Tools and Equipment:
- Telephone, pen/pencil, computer and printer, file folders, filing cabinet, radios, cameras.
- Lift jack dolly, hand truck, camera, first aid equipment.
- Interior of hotel, in all areas with exposure to extreme temperatures.
- Exterior of hotel with exposure to weather conditions.
- Exposure to various hazardous chemicals.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds, bend, stand, walk.