Director of Finance
Last Day to Apply: August 16, 2019
|Position:||Director of Finance|
|Purpose:||The Director of Finance directs the accounting and control functions at the hotel, while ensuring timely reporting of operating results and maintenance the integrity of the management information system.|
|Reports to:||General Manager|
- Supervise all accounting functions.
- Prepare the financial statements within the time frames supplies in the corporate closing schedule and according to the Accor Policies and Procedures, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and the Uniform System of Accounts.
- Analyze and interpret financial results in order to assist and advise the General Manager and the Accor Corporate Team.
- Maintain balance sheet analysis on at least a quarterly basis and preferably on a monthly basis with full supporting detail.
- Prepare accurate cash flow statements and projections on a monthly basis and on request.
- Maximize working capital and cash flow statements and projections on a monthly basis and on request.
- Prepare timely and accurate sales, use and occupancy tax returns as well as any other external reports or returns as deemed necessary.
- Ensure successful treasury cash management as set forth in the policies and procedures manual.
- Ensure compliance with management agreements and contracts and attendant legal documents. Understanding how those documents translate into financial responsibilities and how they may effect both the hotel’s and Corporate's financial position.
- Maintain effective system and control procedures as set forth in the policies and procedures manuals.
- Ensure integrity and efficiency of computerized data processing functions.
- Ensure that all financial reports, budgets, forecasts, and other information required by Atton are accurately compiled and submitted within the specified time limits, identifying variances, and making recommendations for improvements as appropriate.
- Review forecasts and budgets prepared by hotel management team to ensure that owners, the General Manager, and Accor Corporate Management are provided with guidelines of performance that are both reasonable and achievable.
- Ensure all legal, treasury, and tax documentation is properly maintained and secured, and that all statuary and fiscal reporting requirements are satisfied, which includes any governmental requirements for permits and licenses.
- Ensure adequate insurance coverage is maintained to protect the assets of the hotel with particular regard to the requirements contained in the hotel's management contract.
- Ensure adequate controls are installed and maintained for the protection of the hotels' assets against loss or misappropriation.
- Successfully lead and perform an advisory or interpretive role as well as to recommend controls related to the ethical environment.
- Continuously monitor economic, social and governmental trends and policies to ensure the General Manager and Accor Corporate Management are kept fully apprised of any implications that may affect the performance of the hotel in meeting its financial objectives.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Problem solving—the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully
- Interpersonal Skills—the individual maintains confidentiality, remains open to others’ ideas and exhibits willingness to try new things.
- Oral communication—the individual speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, demonstrates group presentation skills and conducts meetings.
- Written Communication—the individual edits work for spelling and grammar, presents numerical data effectively and is able to read and interpret written information.
- Planning/organizing—the individual prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
- Quality control—the individual demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Adaptability—the individual adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Dependability—the individual is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
- Safety and security—the individual actively promotes and personally observes safety and security procedures, and uses equipment and materials properly.
Hotel Specific Essential Functions:
- Assist with Payroll completion as needed, or have an accountant be trained to do so.
- Monitor the IT Company and contract.
- Review and sign contracts as assigned by the General Manager
Tools and Equipment:
- Computer and printer, telephone, pen/pencil, photo-copying machine, file folders, filing cabinet, facsimile machine.
- Interior of hotel, in normal office conditions.