Last Day to Apply: August 16, 2019
|Purpose:||Responds to communications from guests, travel agents, and referral networks concerning reservations arriving by mail, telephone, fax or through a central reservation system. Creates and maintains reservation records-usually by date of arrival and alphabetical listing prepares letters of confirmation and promptly processes any cancellations and modifications.|
|Reports to:||Director of Revenue Management|
- Accurate input of reservations and group reservations into system within a timely manner. To include making, changing, and/or canceling reservations. Ensure all reservations fields are filled out with the correct information.
- Process groups as they are turned definite. Ensure the group block is set up properly based on individual call in or rooming list. This may include setting up in system to accept voice calls and/or creating a booking link for group guests to book via the booking engine.
- Knowledge of hotel services, area, and events. Assist in ensuring all websites and/or collateral/literature contains the most up to date and accurate information regarding the hotel and its surrounding areas.
- Meet with meeting planners and market managers as necessary. Assist in strengthening the relationship within the different levels of staff with the client.
- All convention resumes are audited prior to group arrivals. Any necessary changes/cancels/additions are completed prior to group arrival.
- Pre-assign group/individual rooms based on VIP and/or special request status. Ensure all alerts and/or traces are in place and all appropriate departments are notified prior to arrival.
- Monitor phone-calls and assist associates as needed.
- File Reservations and back-up. Assist accounting (when needed) in providing research/back up for past due folio billings.
- Check all non-guaranteed future reservations for deposit (prepay) status daily. Ensure all prepaid reservations have deposits on file with the appropriate paperwork needed for payment.
- Handle mail/correspondence in a timely manner. Some reporting is required based on hotel needs.
- Process confirmations/cancellations as needed.
- Knows the type of rooms available as well as their location and layout.
- Knows the selling status, rates, and benefits of all packages plans.
- Knows the credit policy of the hotel and how to code each reservation.
- Creates and maintains reservation records by date of arrival and alphabetical listing.
- Determines room rates based on the selling tactics of the hotel.
- Prepares letters of confirmation.
- Communicates reservation information to the front desk.
- Processes cancellations and modifications and promptly relays this information to the front of the house.
- Understands the hotel's policy on guaranteed reservations and no-shows.
- Processes advance deposits on reservations.
- Tracks future room availabilities on the basis of reservations.
- Helps develop room revenue and occupancy forecasts.
- Prepares expected arrival list for front of the House use.
- Promptly prepare 7 days VIP and any Reservation report.
- Assists in preregistration activities when appropriate.
- Monitors advances deposit requirements.
- Handles daily correspondence. Responds to inquiries and makes reservations as needed.
- Makes sure that files are kept up to date..
- To provide a courteous and professional service at all times.
- Walk around with the client and ensuring that they secure whatever services they are in need of.
- Getting information about areas of interest in order to target more clients in particular seasons.
- Making arrangements for clients travel programs.
- To be aware of all front of the house procedures and assist with reception duties when required.
- Open and close the availability as and when required of hotel in all the GDS channels, IDS channels and on the hotel website.
- Configuring rates on the hotels property management system (PMS).
- Any other duties assigned by management.
Hotel Specific Essential Functions:
- Attend weekly leadership meetings
- Attend weekly Group Block Pick Up meetings
- Attend and/or Participate in any other work related activities as deemed appropriate by management
Tools and Equipment:
- To include but not limited to: Computer, printer, telephone, pen/pencil, paper, copier/scanner/fax, file folders, filing cabinet
- Interior of hotel, in normal office conditions.
- Maintains a clean and neat appearance and work area.