Last Day to Apply: July 31, 2019
Position: Room Attendant
Purpose: To service guest rooms in accordance with the hotel Standards.
Reports to: Executive Housekeeper, Housekeeping Supervisor
- Responds to all guest requests appropriately. Always greet our Guests warmly with a smile, call them by name whenever possible.
- Responsible for servicing an assigned number of guest rooms
- Keeps the supply cart and immediate work areas neat and organized at all times
- Checks all equipment prior to and after its use to ensure that it is in good working order
- Removes room service tables, trays and garbage from guest rooms
- Strip bed using proper techniques and change bed linens on a daily basis
- Removes soiled towels and replace as needed
- Place soiled linens and towels down linen chute.
- Clean shower walls, tub, sink vanity (all items on counter ), toilet and floor on a daily basis
- Spot clean walls, window glass and sill, doors and baseboards
- Dust and clean all furniture daily, including chairs, lamps, desk, tables and TV.
- Replace any stationery items and in-room amenities as needed
- Replace any used drinking glassware with sanitized ones
- Replace terry and robes as needed
- Clean refrigerator, ice bucket, coffee maker, telephones, clock/CD/radio, TV remote
- Cleans all mirrors and picture frames throughout room on a daily basis
- Ensures all light bulbs throughout room are working and replace as needed and/or call for assistance
- Hand in any articles (lost and found) to a Supervisor or turn it in to the housekeeping/loss prevention office
- Recycle at every opportunity (newspaper, glass bottles, etc.)
- Performs any special duties as assigned by management.
Hotel Specific Essential Functions:
- Greet Guests meeting the 10/5 standard
- Enters guest room following appropriate security standards
- Have knowledge of overall hotel facility and various services
Tools and Equipment:
- Operate vacuum cleaner and handling procedures of various cleaning chemicals (SDS, right to Know 2
program and Blood borne Pathogens)
- Use of telephone system
- Use of department paging/radio communication system
- Constant mobility (walking, standing, bending, use of hands), lifting up to 25 lbs., pushing of carts or luggage like carts, bags with linens or trash.
Powered by TalentNest© 2019