|Department:||Food & Beverage|
To provide efficient friendly customer service at all times and to maintain a clean, professional top quality bar.
|Reports to:||Food & Beverage Manager and Food & Beverage Supervisor|
- Responsible for setting up bar area.
- Adhere to predefined drink service guidelines and responsible for beverage familiarization.
- Implements beverage service.
- Perform any other duties assigned by management.
- Maintain a neat and professional appearance.
- Maintain an awareness of liquor costs and minimize waste, which may raise them.
- Must be familiar with all policies related to liquor liability laws.
- Close the bar.
- Must be familiar with all revenue-related procedures.
- Must serve all guests in consistent manner.
- Maintain an awareness of all functions, events and meetings taking place at any given time.
- Control heavy volume at bars and pool areas.
- Knowledge of hotel property.
- Inform the guest about buffets, hotel activities and community.
- Attend to and anticipate guest’s needs.
- Familiarization with restaurant and bar menus, knowledge of daily specials.
- Greeting guests. Anticipate guest’s needs to create an amazing experience.
Hotel Specific Essential Functions:
- Ability to work in the lobby bar and pool bar.
- Ability to take food orders and serve food and beverages to guests.
- Ability to handle cash, vouchers, coupons, credit cards.
Tools and Equipment:
- Coffee maker/urn, toaster, microwave, beverage machines, bus trays, dishware, silverware, glassware, queen-mary cart, telephone, pen/pencil
- Interior of hotel, in the restaurant, lounge and kitchen areas, with exposure to extreme temperatures.
- Exposure to Food and Beverage hazardous cleaning chemicals.
- Bus and set-up tables in the lobby areas and pool as needed improve services.
- Maintain a clean and attractive bar and surroundings.
- Follow the hotel grooming standards and uses proper vocabulary.
- Occasional lifting up to 25 lbs. Pushing of supply carts.