Accounting Specialist Receivables
Last Day to Apply: July 31, 2019
Position: Accounting Specialist Receivable
Purpose: To assist the accounting department with all processes and procedures for the Accounts Receivable function following Novotel’s standards
Reports to: Director of Finance and Accounting Manager
- Conduct all billing functions for groups, contracts, wholesalers, and corporate accounts.
- Ensure daily posting of Accounts Receivable payments received from the lockbox and maintain an up to date file for payment batches.
- Maintain organized files for all Accounts Receivable.
- Conduct weekly follow up collection calls 10-15 days to ensure timely payments received.
- Ensure maintenance of all AR documents needed for research requests from guest and in house users.
- Daily handling and resolution of check out with balance accounts.
- Ensure all guest disputes and requests for clarification is resolved and/or responded to in a timely manner.
- Answer and resolve all guest billing inquiries daily.
- Review and resolve all chargeback inquiries in a timely manner to minimize potential loss.
- Monitor Accounts Receivable aging to ensure collections efforts are timely and minimizing potential risk account.
- Increase communication with all involved parties in the credit process (Sales and Catering, Reservations, Front Desk).
- Participate in monthly credit meetings.
- Ensure all payments posted to unapplied cash is resolved within 30 days of receipt.
- Review and examine check out with balance accounts, daily to ensure and enforce hotel's credit policy.
- Review of all house account charges and adjustments for validity and inform DOF or Accounting Manager of any incorrect postings.
- Reading contract and understand Billing
- Maintain open communications with all departments
Tools and Equipment:
- Use of Opera (PMS), Micros, Sun. Word, ADP.
- Use of telephone system.
- Use of department paging/radio communication system
- Sitting, walking, standing, bending, writing, typing, filing
- Occasional lifting up to 25 lbs.