Last Day to Apply: June 30, 2019
|Purpose:||To coordinate linen distributions throughout hotel.|
|Reports to:||Executive Housekeeper and Housekeeping Supervisor|
- Maintains cleanliness and organization of linen chute and distribution rooms.
- Maintains par level stock in appropriate storage
- Performs minimal washing and drying of in-house cleaning rags
- Picks up and sorts soiled linens from GRA on an hourly basis.
- Hands in any article (lost and found) to a Supervisor or Loss Prevention housekeeping offices.
- Responds to all guest requests appropriately. Always greet our guests warmly with a smile, call them by name whenever possible.
- Move linen carts to appropriate areas for truck transportation.
- Sort clean uniforms and organize them in the uniform room for easy retrieval.
- Conduct inventories and requested.
- Performs any special duties as assigned by management.
Hotel Specific Essential Functions:
- Ability to complete any task in handling linens in a safe manner using appropriate lifting and bending techniques
- Have knowledge of overall hotel facility and various services.
- Works as a house person when directed.
- Delivers guest supplies as needed to room attendants and guests.
Tools and Equipment:
- Use of linen supply carts
- Use of washer and dryer machines
- Operates vacuum cleaner.
- Exposure to various cleaning chemicals – knowledge of SDS and the “Right to Know” program.
- Use of telephone system
- Use of department paging/radio communication system
- Interior of hotel, in the restaurant, lounge and kitchen areas, with exposure to extreme temperatures.
- Exposure to Food and Beverage hazardous cleaning chemicals.
- Maintain clean and attractive surroundings.
- Follows the hotel grooming standards and uses proper vocabulary.
- Occasional lifting up to 25 lbs. Pushing of supply carts, carrying boxes.
- Constant mobility (walking, standing, bending, use of hands)
- Lifting minimum of 50 pounds
- Pushing of supply carts up to 200 lbs.
- Work in enclosed chute and storage rooms