Position: Chief Engineering
Purpose: To ensure proper training and supervision of all Engineering personnel and to provide consistent, cost-effective maintenance programs that ensure the Hotel’s safe and efficient operation.
Reports to: Director of Rooms
- Coordinate and operate, in an economical, legal and safe manner, all HEAT, LIGHT & POWER and REPAIR and MAINTENANCE for the hotel.
- Inspect physical plant and equipment, and shall supervise maintenance and preventative maintenance program of that area.
- Coordinate with other departments all work necessary to maintain general conditions, safety and health standards set forth by hotel policy and legal requirements.
- Interview, hire, counsel, train, and discipline engineering associates, in coordination with the Director of Rooms and the Talent & Culture Department.
- Directly supervises HEAT, LIGHT & POWER associates in operation and control of utilities to provide efficient operation of hotel services and comfort to guests.
- Recommend to management possible projects for future capital budgets. Obtain bids, supervise and coordinate contractors in performance of project work.
- Maintain own and hotel's special permits and licenses as required by local authorities.
- Control schedules, staffing and payroll of HEAT, LIGHT & POWER, R&M. Compile personnel records, logs utilities and keep engineering records.
- Owns and coordinates and attends the Safety Committee Meeting
- Maintains the grounds and landscape areas of the hotel to include the garage.
- Purchases all engineering items for the hotel, according to budget.
- Prepares annual budget and coordinates it with the General Manager and Director of Rooms.
- Coordinate the receiving and storage of all engineering materials
- Complete all inventory and reporting as required by the Accounting Department
- Purchase and receiving via POs all orders
- Maintain Heartist Cafeteria
Hotel Specific Essential Functions:
- Administrative duties of the department.
- Safety and Security of the hotel.
- Repair and Maintenance of all areas
- Employee’s locker and heart of the house areas.
Tools and Equipment:
- Telephone, pen/pencil, photo-copying machine, computer, printer.
- All engineering related tools and equipment.
- Interior of hotel, in all areas of the hotel. Exposure to extreme hot and cold temperatures.
- Exterior of hotel with exposure to weather conditions.
- Exposure to various hazardous chemicals.